“Some big names on Wall Street are eager to step out of the spotlight after enduring years of financial-crisis turbulence and negative attention from politicians and protesters, said Peter Ressler, the chief executive of RMG Search.”
(4) 9/28/11 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Bank Council: Fritz Studer resigns as per end-April 2012
(5) 10/29/11 (CHINA) Resignations Suggest Shift for China‘s Banks
(7) 11/01/12 (INDIA) More directors of the Beed district bank resign
(8) 11/02/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Lloyds Banking Group chief executive, António Horta-Osório, is to take leave of absence on health grounds for six to eight weeks, the BBC has reported. (STILL OUT AS OF 2/24/12 – DEFACTO RESIGNATION)
(9) 11/21/11 (JAPAN) UBS’s Japan Investment Banking Chairman Matsui to Resign
(10) 11/29/11 (Iran) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(11) 12/15/11 (UNITED KINGDOM) Senior private banker resigns from Coutts [a very exclusive private bank]
(12) 12/22/11 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(13) 12/23/11 (USA VA) Bank feud: Chairman Giles quits VNB with other directors
(14) 1/01/12 (NIGERIA) The Board of United Bank for Africa Plc, the pan African financial services Group with presence in 19 countries across Africa, has accepted the resignation of Mr. Victor Osadolor, from the board with effect from January 9, 2012.
(15) 1/01/12 (ISRAEL) Israel’s Bank Leumi CEO Maor steps down after 16 years
(16) 1/03/12 (USA VA) Suffolk Bancorp president and CEO steps down
(17) 1/03/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Departures from Board at Arbuth not Banking Group: Neil Kirton
Shortly before the market closed at 12.30 p.m. on Friday the company disclosed that Neil Kirton had resigned from the Board the previous day.
(18) 1/03/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Departures from Board at Arbuthnot Banking Group: Atholl Turrell
It has today stated that Atholl Turrell has left the Board.
(19) 1/05/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Chief executive of Saunderson House [Private Bank] steps down
(20)1/09/12 (SWITZERLAND) Switzerland’s central bank chief resigns
(21) 1/12/12 (United Kingdom) Lloyds’ head of wholesale quits
(22) 1/19/12 (SPAIN) Spanish bank Santander’s Americas chief quits
(23) 1/30/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Head Of UK Private Bank Steps Down [Butterfield Private Bank]
(24) 1/20/12 (JAPAN) Normura’s head of wholesale banking quits
(25) 1/29/12 (NEW ZEALAND) New Zealand Reserve Bank Governor Alan Bollard to Step Down in September
(26) 1/21/12 (Greece) Banks’ top negotiator quits Greece, but talks go on
(27) 2/01/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) ABSA falls as deputy CEO steps down [UK Barclay's Bank Controlledl
(28) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Truett Tate - Lloyds Bankging Group head of wholesale quits
(29) 2/01/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Tim TOokey - Llyods Banking Group leaving end of February having served as interim group chief executive in addition to group finance director
"Mr Tookey, who has been with the group since 2006, will leave at the end of February after preparing the bank’s accounts for 2011. He will not get a pay-off."
(30) 2/02/12 (VENEZUELA) Key Chavez Minister Resigns Amid Banking Corruption Fallout
(31) 2/05/12 (USA - NY) Two Top Morgan Stanley Bankers Resign
(32) 2/06/12 (INDIA) Dhanlaxmi Bank CEO Amitabh Chaturvedi quits: http://www.livemint.com/2012/02/06160111/Dhanlaxmi-Bank-CEO-Amitabh-Cha.html
(33) 2/7/12 (USA) Bank Of America's Mortgage Business Chief Resigns
(34) 2/07/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(35) 2/07/12 (IRAN) Iran denies central bank resignation rumor (don't believe until its denied?)*Confirmed*~jude Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(36) 2/09/12 (VATICAN) Four Priests Charged In Vatican Banking Scandal
(37) 2/10/12 (KOREA) Korea Exchange Bank chief steps down
(38) 2/10/12 (INDIA) Tamilnad Mercantile Bank CEO resigns
(39) 2/13/12 (KUWAIT) Kuwait Central Bank CEO resigns
(40) 2/14/12 (NICARAQUA) Nicaraqua Central Bank Pres Rosales resigns
(41) 2/14/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Social finance pioneer Hayday steps down from Charity Bank
(42) 2/14/12 (UKRAINE) The National Bank of Ukraine issued a short statement on Thursday announcing the resignation of deputy governor Volodymyr Krotiuk.
(43) 2/15/12 (WORLD) World Bank CEO Zoellick resigns
Did the White House tell the World Bank president that he's out?
(44) 2/15/12 (SLOVENIA) Slovenia TWO largest Banks CEO's (2) resign
(45) 2/15/12 (KENYA) Governor of Kenyan Central Bank to Resign
(46) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) The Financial Services Authority’s (FSA’s) interim managing director, Conduct Business Unit, Margaret Cole, is to step down later this year.
FSA is the regulator of all providers of financial services in the UK; Bank of England retains
responsibility for systemic risk.
(47) 2/16/12 (GHANA) Ken Ofori-Atta steps down as Executive Chair of Databank Group
(48) 2/16/12 (SAUDI ARABIA) Saudi Hollandi Banks Managing Director Quits
(49) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Anz Bank CFO Australia resigns
(50) 2/16/12 (UNITED KINGDOM) Royal Bank of Scotland Bankers Arrested
(51) 2/16/12 (AUSTRALIA) Royal Bank of Scotland Austrailan CEO Stephen Williams resigns
(52) 2/17/12 (USA) Blankfein out as Goldman Sachs CEO by summer
(53) 2/17/12 (SWITZERLAND) SNB Council President Hansueli Raggenbass To Leave Central Bank
(54) 2/18/12 (PAKISTAN) AJK Bank’s executive steps down
(55) 2/20/12 (RUSSIA) Head of Russian Bank Regulator Steps Down
(56) 2/20/12 (SWITZERLAND) Credit Suisse Chief Joseph Tan resigns
(57) 2/20/12 (ISRAEL) Bank Leumi le-Israel Ltd. : Mr. Zvi Itskovitch Announces his Decision to Redesign From Bank Leumi
(58) 2/20/12 (USA) R. David Land Submits Resignation from the Boards of Directors of Peoples Bancorporation, Inc. and Seneca National Bank
(59) 2/20/12 (USA WA) First Financial Northwest Director Quits in Candy Austerity Push[shades of the movie The Caine Mutiny?] First Financial Northwest Inc., a Renton, Washington-based lender, said director Spencer Schneider resigned after asking the bank to remove pictures of past directors and serve only hard candies at annual meetings.Schneider made the requests at a Feb. 15 board meeting as “symbols of austerity,” and also asked that the bank suspend serving refreshments at the annual shareholders’ meeting, offering just hard candies instead, he said. Schneider, general counsel for shareholder Joseph Stilwell, resigned immediately when the company asked that his requests be placed on the agenda for a board meeting next month, the bank said yesterday.
(60) 2/21/12 (ARGENTINA) The general manager of the Central Bank of Argentina (BCRA), Benigno Velez, resigned his position today.
(61) 2/21/12 (BANGLADESH) Five bank, insurance directors resign
(62) 2/21/12 (JAPAN) CITIBANK JAPAN: Bakhshi is taking over duties from Brian Mccappin, who the bank said in December would resign after the unit was banned for two weeks from trading tied to the London and Tokyo interbank offered rates.
(63) 2/22/12 (USA) Wietschner, Goldman Hedge Fund Advisory Chief, Retires
(64) 2/23/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) Richard Gush resigns from Standard Bank
(65) 2/23/12 (SCOTLAND) Royal Bank of Scotland Group has announced that John McFarlane will step down as a Non-executive Director on 31 March 2012, as a regulatory condition of his impending appointment at Aviva.
(66) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Rao resigns, may start up law firm
(67) 2/24/12 (HONG KONG) Citigroup Private Bank’s Co-Head of Global Real Estate Resigns
Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) — Kwang Meng Quek, co-head of the global real estate group at Citigroup Inc.’s private banking unit, resigned.
(68) 2/24/12 (NEW ZEALAND) FSF Executive Director resigns
After two years leading the Financial Services Federation (“FSF”) executive director, Kirk Hope has resigned to take up the role of chief executive of the New Zealand Bankers? Association.
(69) 2/24/12 (USA) Evercore’s Mestre steps down as U.S. banking head
(Reuters) – Eduardo Mestre has stepped down as day-to-day head of Evercore Partners Inc’s U.S. investment banking business, the New York-based company said in a regulatory filing
(70) 2/25/12 (AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND) Goldman Sachs: Fitz quits
Stephen Fitzgerald has resigned as Australia and New Zealand chairman and advisory director at Goldman Sachs, after 20 years with the bank. His departure comes less than a year after Goldman took full control of its Australian joint venture, formerly known as Goldman Sachs JBWere.
(71) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief steps down
(72) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Ebrahim Ebrahim quits as CEO of Khaleeji Commercial Bank
(73) 2/27/12 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Steps Down
(74) 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
(75) 2/24/12 (INDIA) Breaking: ICICI Bank GC Pramod Raoresigns
(76) 2/27/12 (INDIA) Falguni Nayar Quits Kotak Mahindra Bank
(77) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman steps down
(78) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Al Zain steps down as Mumtalakat Holding CEO
The board of directors of Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company (Mumtalakat),Bahrain’s Sovereign Wealth Fund, has accepted the resignation of the Chief Executive Officer, Talal Al Zain, following the completion of a four year term as head of the investment arm for non-oil and gas assets of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
(79) 2/27/12 (IRAN) Iran’s Bank Melli CEO Resigns Over Loan Scam
(80) 2/27/12 (INDIA/KASHMIR) AJK Bank’s Executive Steps Down
(81) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Deutsche Bank Americas chief Seth Waugh steps down
(82) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) Khaleeji Commercial Bank CEOEbrahim Ebrahim quits
(83) 2/27/12 (FRANCE) Societe Generale’s Investment Banking Chief Michel Péretié Steps Down
(84) 2/27/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank CEO Dr El Jaroudi resigns
(85) 2/27/12 (JAPAN) Nomura’s Head Of Wholesale BankingJesse Bhattal Quits
(86) 2/27/12 (INDIA) Kotak Mahindra Bank Ms Falguni NayarQuits
(87) 2/27/12 (GERMANY) Equiduct chairman Artur Fischersteps down
(88) 2/27/12 (BAHRAIN) - Mumtalakat Holding [Sovereign Wealth Fund] CEO Al Zain resigns
(89) 2/27/12 (IRAN) Bank Melli CEO Mahmoud Reza KhaavariResigns - Flees to Canada!
(90)2/27/12 (IRAN) Bank Saderat CEO Mohammad Jahromiresigns
(91) 2/27/12 (UK) Lloyds Banking Group Glen Moreno steps down
(92) 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Hang Seng Bank CEO Margaret Leung Ko May-yee quits
(93) 2/28/12 (CHINA) Bank of China International ECM global head Marshall Nicholson quits
(94) 2/28/12 (SINGAPORE) DBS security head Jim Pasqurellquits, cites health reasons
(95) 2/28/12 (HONG KONG) Bank of America’s Asia-Pac. mrkts Brian Canniffe quits
(96) 2/28/12 (BELGIUM) KBC’s CEO Jan Vanhevel is to retire after a career spanning 41 years.
(97) 2/28/12 (CANADA) Ontario Securities Commission chairwoman Peggy-Anne Brown quits
(98) 2/28/12 (AUSTRALIA) Bank manager Colin John Carleton jailed nine years for $3m theft
(99) 2/28/12 (SRI LANKA) Sri Lanka Com Bank CEO Amitha Gooneratne retires..we signed the Innovative Financing Programme in the IFC very recently, which provided 65 million dollars as concessionary financing
(100) 2/28/12 (SOUTH AFRICA) REDEFINE INCOME FUND director Gerald Leissner resigns
(101) 2/29/12 (AUSTRALIA) Perpetual portfolio manager Matt Williams steps down
(102) 2/29/12 (UK) Honister Capital CEO Richard Pearson steps down
(103) 2/29/12 (UK) Honister Capital CEO Richard Pearson steps down
(104) 3/1/12 (MALAYSIA) RHB Bank Bhd deputy managing director Renzo Viegas quits
(105) 3/1/12 (ITALY) Italian Banking Association Chairman Giuseppe Mussari talks to reporters in Rome after he and seven other executives offered to resign in protest over new banking-fee rules included in the government’s legislation on boosting competition.http://cli.gs/3grh2a8
(106) 3/1/12 (USA FL) Florida Venture Forum [Venture Capital] Exec Dir Robin Lester quits
(107) 3/1/12 (USA) PineBridge Investments said Win Neuger has resigned as chief executive. Neuger helped build AIG’s third party asset management business, PineBridge still manages AIG assets http://cli.gs/s8truky
(108) 3/1/12 (MALAYSIA) Elaf Bank chief executive Dr Jamil El Jaroudi will leave the bank http://cli.gs/s8xog4
(109) 3/2/12 (USA NH) Piscataqua Savings Bank CEO Jay Gibson retires
(110) 3/1/12 (SINGAPORE) UBS Singapore – James Tulley is leaving Switzerland’s largest bank, it is not clear where he is going http://goo.gl/BGugF
(111) 3/2/12 (CHINA) China Construction Bank Corp, the assistant general manager and head of corporate banking Mickey Mehta quits http://goo.gl/B9dR0
(112) 3/2/12 (USA) Deutsche Bank Student Loan CEO John Hupalo quits to start student loan counseling firm. http://goo.gl/8kZuc
(113) 3/2/12 (UK) Bank of England Sir Mervin King resigns in June, Lord Sassoon tipped as replacement. http://goo.gl/ZEUwf
(114) 3/2/12 (BOTSWANA) Barclays Bank Botswana managing director Wilfred Mpai forced to resign http://goo.gl/npBe2
(115) 3/2/12 (HONG KONG) New Century Group Hong Kong Ltd [investment house and leisure group] Wilson Ng resigns http://goo.gl/wFSV8
(116) 3/2/12 (USA) Citigroup Richard Parsons to step down as chairman http://goo.gl/BhZ0F
(117) 3/3/12 (AUSTRIA) Volksbank AG (VBAG) The contract of CEO Gerald Wenzel will not be extended http://goo.gl/w99tD
(118) 3/3/12 (ETHIOPIA)Dashen Bank’s board dismisses president Leulseged Teferi http://goo.gl/Y801M
(119) 3/4/12 (KOREA) Hana Financial Group Inc, prominent figure in the history of South Korean finance Kim Seung-yu , resigns http://goo.gl/fmNxY
(120) 3/4/12 (USA) JP Morgan prop trading chief Mike Stewartquits http://goo.gl/gubPj
(121) 3/5/12 ( SAUDI ARABIA) Al Rajhi Bank CEO Abdullah bin Sulaiman Al Rajhi has resigned http://goo.gl/pNx0l
(122) 3/5/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager Tony Nutt steps down http://goo.gl/RPqOp
(123) 3/5/12 (UK) Jupiter fund co-manager John Hamiltonsteps down http://goo.gl/RPqOp
(124) 3/5/12 (NEW ZEALAND) Insured Group Bill Jeffries has resigned as chairman and director http://goo.gl/gX7wu
(125) 3/5/12 (USA) Reliance Bancshares chairman Patrick Gideon resigned http://goo.gl/u6BT4
- American Kabuki Musings On The Finite Statist Machine: 81 RESIGNATIONS FROM WORLD BANKS 2/27/12 (2012indyinfo.com)
- Lloyds Bank strips five directors of more than £1 million in bonuses (telegraph.co.uk)
- Exodus of Japanese executives from UBS continues (japantimes.co.jp)
- Notice the shifting going on in the International Banking World! (privatewealthbuildingassociation.wordpress.com)